Student Life at NIU
Courses and Programs
- Review the current Academic Course Listings
- Search the Academic Catalogs.
- Review the Four-Year Degree Paths.
- Join the University Honors program.
- Apply to Study Abroad in one 75 different countries.
- Create an academic experience as unique as you are, with the NIU Plus Program.
- Prepare for a career in education with Educator Licensure and Preparation.
- Find research and service learning opportunities through the Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning.
- Get help from your Academic Advisor.
- Meet with a tutor.
- Make an appointment at the University Writing Center.
- Find supportive programming just for you through Orientation and First Year Programs.
- Find supportive programming just for you through the CHANCE Program.
- Find supportive programming just for you through the Student-Athlete Academic Support Services (SAASS).
- Prepare for career success at Career Services.
- Find Financial Aid and Scholarship information.
- Plan for your future with our tuition cost estimator.
- Learn about the types of Financial Aid you might be eligible to receive.
- Apply for Scholarships with MyScholarships (formerly AcademicWorks).
- View Bursar billing and refund information.
- Learn about Federal Work Study opportunities.
- Find an on-campus job.
- Find, join and create Student Organizations.
- Connect with NIU’s community of First-Generation students.
- Learn more about Fraternity and Sorority Life.
- Find your home away from home at our Cultural Resource Centers.
- Give back through Community Service.
- Stay active with a Sport Club.
- Join an intramural sports program.
- Hungry? Find out where to eat with Campus Dining Services.
- Get your frequently asked questions about housing answered.
- Learn about enrolling your child in Campus Child Care.
- Walk-in or schedule an appointment at Counseling and Consultation Services.
- Seek community support through one of our Cultural Resource Centers.
- Schedule a Health Services appointment.
- Contact University Police and Public Safety.
- Visit the Disability Resource Center for guidance, services and resources to help you succeed.
- Review the Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Resources available.
Policies and Reporting
- Military and Post-Traditional Student Services, is focused on students who live off campus, commute from home, have children, are military students, are online learners and/or over the age of 24.